- Type: JUST SOLD
- Status: Sold
- Location: Karalee
- Land Size: 4'000 m²
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Car Spaces: 4
14 – 16 Sovereign Strait Karalee
Captivating contemporary architectural style home perched among the trees 40 metres above the Brisbane River in the prestigious Riverside Estate, Karalee.
This large 285 sqm (415 sqm including decks) forever house set 22 metres above the 2011 flood height has come to the market offering a once only opportunity to enjoy bushland privacy with ever-changing sunset Brisbane River views, from the cantilevered main deck. This impeccable home set on 4,000 sqm of land provides an opportunity for one lucky buyer to purchase a property with low quarterly running costs, minimal maintenance and accessible for people of all ages, features rarely found in today’s market place.
This sustainable house thoughtfully designed by the owners features:
• soaring raked ceilings throughout.
• strategic window placement for passive cooling and heating.
• a central courtyard with water feature allowing cool river and sea breezes to flow throughout.
• 4 large timber decks with insulated roofing (2 with fans) and the wide front verandah which offers a choice of comfortable outdoor all weather living spaces.
• a 7 star gas heater in the great room efficiently providing a snug warm area for the coldest nights, the 6 star instantaneous Gas HWS producing endless temperature controlled hot water.
• a 4.5 kW solar system and high quality LED lighting throughout reducing electricity bills (currently under $200/qtr). Provision to add another 4.5 kW system on second garage roof. Tropical ceiling fans have been installed to provide efficient cooling.
• 85,000 litres of filtered rain water plumbed through the house. Town water is available by flicking the house valve.
• the great room (with RC A/C and 3 fans) incorporating lounge, dining, kitchen with stainless steel appliances, gas hotplates, granite bench tops with breakfast bar and separate butler’s pantry and office. Kitchen and pantry windows overlook the pool area.
• the main deck flowing seamlessly from the great room providing spacious outdoor lounge and dining areas.
• 4 bedrooms all with RC A/C and tropical fans.
• the master bedroom suite in the west wing which has river views and boasts a separate cantilevered deck, large ensuite and generous WIR.
• a double study also in the west wing.
• 3 queen size bedrooms with BIRs, located in the east wing with a large laundry/sewing/craft room, main bathroom, and ensuite bathroom for the adjoining living/office space.
• this separate 34 sqm living/office space with RC A/C and fans including kitchenette, separate front entrance and rear exit to courtyard deck.
• network cabling to the great room, bedrooms, butler’s office, study and separate living area.
• a solar heated fresh water self cleaning pool surrounded by a very private resort style tropical garden, outdoor shower and Cabana with toilet and vanity.
• bamboo flooring throughout & tiles in wet areas.
• fly screens to all windows, security screens to all external doors excluding front door.
• 2 garages 8x8m with 2.7m door clearance rising to 3.5m at the rear suitable for caravan, boat and 5.5×8.5m 2.4m door clearance with 2 car bays and 3m workshop.
• Gravel driveway with water retention pits providing water for the mature trees on the property, off street parking for up to 6 visitor’s cars, or a complete turning circle for vans or boats.
This property requires your inspection to see exactly what is on offer here. Just move in, unpack and enjoy the prestigious lifestyle while enjoying the low annual running costs.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Heating
- Double Garage
- Entertainment Area
- Security System
- Solar Power
- Swimming Pool
- Water Tank